Privacy Notice for Employment Candidates
We at ManpowerGroup India, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to as “ManpowerGroup India” or “our” or “we”), may collect and maintain certain personal information about our employment candidates (referred as “you” or “your”) as part of records of recruiting and resourcing activities.
Personal data collection
We collect and maintain the below categories of personal data and sensitive personal data of our employment candidates. The personal data collected may include but is not limited to:
- Identification Information including name, age, date of birth, email address, home address, contact details, government-issued identification numbers, photographs, demographic information, citizenship, nationality, marital status, etc.
- Educational and Professional Details , including higher education, certifications, previous employment history, etc.
- Languages spoken, Citizenship and Nationality to enable us to check your suitability for a specific role and working location.
- Online Information e.g., Information provided by you on our recruitment websites such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, etc.
- Information collected during interviews As part of our interview process, we may maintain comments noted by our interviewers.
- Information found from public sources, third party sourcing web sites as well as information related to reference checks, depending on the position you are applying for, and where necessary for the recruitment activities.
- Once you have been shortlisted, we may collect additional information such as Government ID, expectation of compensation and remuneration details, information relating to your family members (for benefits administration), passport, visa and work permit (in case of expatriate), background check reports including educational, employment and criminal checks etc. where permitted by local law. We may collect your bank account details, details of the expense incurred and relevant bills to reimburse any expenses incurred by you during the interview processes.
The sensitive personal data collected may include:
- Information relating to your Health: such as physical examination results, accident and injury reports, disability status etc.
- Information related to racial, ethnic origin or religious beliefs to comply with local regulatory law(s).
- Data relating to criminal convictions and offences collected from background checks.
Purposes of processing your personal data and the legal basis for processing
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of ManpowerGroup India’s recruitment or resourcing activities. This information will be collected by us directly from you when you apply (online or via email or in person), through referrals from your friends, family of professional connects who work at/ with ManpowerGroup India and from third parties (recruitment agencies and background verification agencies), which may also include public sources such as professional networking platforms. The purpose is to comply with any legal requirements, pursue our legitimate business interests and defend our position in legal proceedings. Your personal data shall be utilized in the following ways:
- Communicating with you, in context of recruitment activities:
- To obtain additional information about your suitability for the role where necessary;
- To inform you of available vacancies;
- To provide you with information relating to your application and to fulfil your requests.
- Managing recruitment and resourcing activities, including activities related to organizational planning. We may use your information:
- To set up and conduct interviews and assessments;
- To evaluate, select and recruit applicants;
- To contact third-party referees provided by you to evaluate your previous performances.
- In the event your profile is shortlisted, we may collect additional personal data to carry out background checks (in accordance with local law), facilitate travel for face to face interviews and to roll-out an employment offer letter.
- Monitoring and development of our recruitment process – We may use your personal data and aggregated anonymous information to develop and improve our recruitment processes, websites and other related services.
- Audit Compliance – We may process personal data as part of our audit processes and engage third-party auditors, to comply with applicable laws and legitimate business interests of the company.
- Accommodation for disabilities – In certain instances, we may receive or request for information related to health such as disability status in order to make any necessary accommodations during our interview process. ManpowerGroup India shall process such information only based on your explicit consent.
- Prevention of fraud – We may process your personal data for the purpose of fraud prevention in pursuit of the legitimate interests of the company.
- New employment opportunities – If you have expressed an interest in working for us in the future we may retain relevant documents collected during the recruitment process containing your personal data for future employment-related opportunities.
Sharing data with Third parties
- Where required or permitted by law, personal data may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Where ever required, we shall be sharing your personal information with our respected clients in order to perform recruitment services.
- From time to time, we may consider corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer or allow access to information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction.
- We may use selected third parties to carry out certain activities to help us to run our business (such as background verification vendors, Travel vendors, IT support vendors), to facilitate language tests (language assessment agencies), to carry out background checks (background verification agencies) to facilitate your travel and expense (travel and immigration vendors) and to facilitate audits (third-party auditors).
- We share information with our internal staff and our group of companies for screening and interview purposes.
Existence of Automated Profiling and Decision Making
We do not carry out any processing activities that involve automated profiling and decision making.
For Further Details
For more information, such as your rights in respect of your personal data, transfer of personal data, data retention and security measures implemented by ManpowerGroup India, you can contact our support team at [email protected]
Go to Top